This Saturday 10th June is National Iced Tea Day and I’ve joined up with Newby Teas to create some tropical, fruity, all natural Iced Tea recipes that are perfect for summer! Below are my three favourite recipes but don’t be afraid to take inspiration and try making your own Iced Tea with your favourite brew!
Tropical Ginger Green Tea (pictured) – The ginger & green tea in this concoction have metabolism boosting properties and it tastes just like summer!
- 3 Newby Green Sencha Green Tea bags
- 600ml boiling water
- Grated ginger
- 2tbsp agave syrup
- 100ml mango puree
- 100ml tropical juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
Garnish – Ice, mango cubes, passion fruit seeds
- Start by making your ginger green tea mix. Steep the tea bags in the boiling water with the grated ginger and agave syrup. After about 10 minutes remove the bags and strain the liquid to remove the bits of ginger.
- Let the tea mix cool completely before you use it. (Preferably overnight)
- When you come to complete the drink add the tea mix, mango puree, tropical juice and lime into a cocktail shaker and shake it up!
- Pour into a tumbler over ice and garnish with fresh mango and passion fruit.
Strawberry and Mango Iced Tea – For tea lovers with a sweet tooth!
- 600ml of Newby Strawberry & Mango Tea ( 3 teabags)
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- Sliced strawberries
- Mango cubes
- Fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- Once your tea is fully cold shake it together with the agave syrup.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint, mongo and strawberries. EASY!
Orange Rooibos Tea and Peach Punch – Refreshing and zingy!
- 500ml Newby Orange Rooibos Tea ( made with 3 tea bags )
- 500ml peach juice
Garnish – sliced lemon, fresh peach slices and mint
- Once your tea is cooled mix it with the peach juice.
- In a pitcher add the liquid, lots of ice and the garnish to taste.
If you want to give my recipes a go with Newby Tea head over to their website to order today. Use code ELLIE15 for 15% off your basket – bargain!