To celebrate their presence at this years Taste of London Festival, I’ve teamed up with Luxury Swiss ice cream brand Mövenpick to bring you a series of yummy, totally decedent desserts centered around classic flavorings.
The first of my three puds is a Black Forest Sundae, with homemade brownies, cherry compote and soft, whipped cream. I used Mövenpick’s Swiss Chocolate Ice cream for this one, it’s thick and rich and is jam-packed with wafer thin shavings of chocolate.
Ingredients – makes 2 hefty puds!
- 4x Scoops of Mövenpick Swiss Chocolate Ice Cream
- 150g fresh cherries
- 1 heaped tsp. sugar
- Brownie chunks (I use my Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies! You can get the recipe here)
- 100ml double cream
- Start by making the compote. Pitt and quarter the cherries leaving a couple of full ones to the side for garnish.
- In a pan, add the cherries, a small splash of water and the sugar and boil down until a chunky compote forms. This should take about ten minutes.
Tip: You just want the fruit to be soft and the juices to be a little thickened. If it boils dry add a little more water. Juices = Taste!
- Set your compote aside in the fridge to cool down.
- Whip the cream into very soft peaks; you want it to ‘slop’ onto your sundae so don’t over whip it.
- Cut your brownies into bite sized pieces.
- When it’s time to assemble your dessert start with a little compote, followed by two large scoops of the star of the show; the Mövenpick’s Swiss Chocolate ice cream. Finally, add the brownie bites and the cream to finish.
It’s that simple. Enjoy!
If you want to try this recipe out with Mövenpick you can buy it here from Ocado!