Hi, I’m Ellie and I’m a sucker for a food trend. Avo on toast, smoothie bowls, mirror glazed cakes… if it’s all over Instagram, I’m eating it! Well it seems to be all the range at the moment to eat ‘overnight oats’. To be honest with you, unlike other food fads I can totally see why overnight oats are such a hit, not only do they taste great but they are the perfect solution to busy lives. Oh, and they are totally Instagramable!
There are so many recipes for overnight oats out there, and I’m not going to claim mine is any better or even much different. But in my eyes, i’ve perfected it and wanted to give you guys the chance to try my recipe out too!
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 3 tbsp. Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 4 tbsp. Milk of your choice (regular, almond, coconut etc.…)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a jug.
- Cover in clingfilm and leave over night!
- In the morning spoon the oats into a bowl, top with WHATEVER you like and enjoy!
Tip: If your mix is a little think in the morning, loosen it up with a splash of extra milk!
- Go Tropical – This is my favourite. Mango, Kiwi, Passion fruit, raspberries and flaked almonds. YUM!
- Sweet Tooth Treat – Feeling naughty? Stir in a big dollop of chocolate spread (I prefer JimJams Spread) and top with fresh banana for a real sweet treat!
- Berry Good Toppings – Top your oats with all sorts of berries and some mint leaves – simple, fresh and tasty!