Get this recipe right and you will be able to bake a batch of fudgy, gooey gluten Free Chocolate Brownies that will impress everyone, not just people with a gluten intolerance! So go on, get baking!
Ingredients – makes 9 brownies (using a 20x20cm tin)
- 80g unsalted butter
- 160g caster sugar
- 240g 70% dark chocolate- chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1stp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line your tin with greaseproof paper and a little butter.
Tip: for the best results use a 20x20cm pan. Anything bigger and your brownies will be too thin and dry.
- Over a bain-marie melt the butter and then mix in the sugar, followed by the chocolate.
- Once combined, whisk briskly for 2 minutes, before adding the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla. Continue to whisk until shiny and smooth.
- Sieve in the cocoa powder and corn flour and fully combine.
- Pour the mix into your prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes – or until set – don’t bake longer than 25 minutes, or you will have dry brownies.
Tip: let the brownies cool in the tin fully (around 45 minutes) before removing and cutting.
These brownies are best eaten within 24 hours of baking but will keep for 48 hours in an airtight container before going dry.