This super easy recipe courtesy of Jimmy Doherty makes use of the champagne of the potato world, Jersey Royals. A perfect side-dish every time.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 750g Jersey Royal Potatoes
- 2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- black pepper
- 2 springs of rosemary- 1 finely chopped and 1 cut in half
- chef’s string
- parchment bag
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Scrub, but don’t peel your potatoes and cut them in half.
- Put the Jersey Royals in the parchment bag.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, balsamic, rosemary, salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Scrunch the top of the bag and tie it with the string.
Tip: Make sure you leave plenty of room in the bag for steam.
- Shake the bag!
- Place the bag on a baking tray, and in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Pierce the bag and let the steam out before tearing open to serve.
Tip: These potatoes work without the bag and just in a baking tray. But the bag is a great showpiece for a dinner party!
Personalised chopping board from Ijustloveit.co.uk