If there is ever a time to pig out and indulge in all that is bad for you, it’s Easter! Whilst summer is just around the corner and you are no doubt trying your hardest to be healthy to get that summer bod, there is no harm in giving in just a little… and i’m about to totally ruin your diet!
This Boozy Easter Freakshake is the ultimate, easy, chocolatey, adult treat and isn’t shy on the calories! Don’t hold back, be creative with toppings, pig out and enjoy!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 5 Scoops of the best chocolate ice-cream.
- 300-500ml semi-skimmed (or full fat) milk
- Booze to taste – around 30ml per serving but add more or less depending on how lethal you want the shake to be. I used Chocolate Orange Cream Liqueur from Demijohn (YUM!)
- Squirty cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Mini Eggs
- Other Easter chocolates such as cream eggs, chocolate bunnies and any other toppings you may want E.g. nuts, crumbled biscuits or popcorn!
This couldn’t be easier! It’s all in the decoration and creativity of your toppings – go wild!
- Add the ice cream, milk and booze to the blender and whizz together until you get your desired consistency. Add more milk if you want a thinner shake or less for a super thick shake.
- Taste your shake and add more booze to taste if needed. Refrain from drinking it all!
- Decorate your glasses! Below are my ideas
- Squeeze chocolate sauce around the inside rim and let it drip down the glass.
- Spread Nutella on the outside of the rim, this will give you something to stick things too!
- Crush up Mini Eggs and stick them to the Nutella.
- To serve, pour your milkshake into the glass and top with an obscene amount of squirty cream! Top with all sorts of goodies, take an Instagram worthy picture and enjoy!
I had so much fun creating these absolutely mammoth shakes and would love to see your version of my creation too! Tag me in your pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and I will be sure to comment @ElliesKitchenUK.
NB: You can also get your hands on some of the best liqueurs from Demijohn so it’s definitely worth checking them out too!